Elite Information Services, LLC is the owner and operator of KnowYourCustomers.com and its associated sub-domains. Elite Information Services, LLC hereinafter will be referred to as “Elite”. Elite values its customers and takes all technically and commercially feasible steps to protect their privacy. In general, when you visit the KnowYourCustomers.com website and access any associated content, you remain anonymous. Personal information from visitors to KnowYourCustomers.com is collected on a voluntary basis only. An explanation for the reason the information has been collected can be provided upon written request. Personal information is collected solely to respond to online queries and for internal market analysis.
Elite’s web servers collect the Internet Protocol address (IP address) of visitors to KnowYourCustomers.com. This information is aggregated to determine the number of visits, average length of visit to KnowYourCustomers.com, the pages viewed and other website related census data. We use this information to measure KnowYourCustomers.com usage and to improve the content and value of KnowYourCustomers.com. Some of our web pages may contain “cookies”, which send and store data on your web browser. This allows our server to recognize you and better serve you when you visit KnowYourCustomers.com in the future. Most web browsers can be configured not to accept cookies or to notify you if a cookie is sent to you so you can disable the cookie if you wish.
KnowYourCustomers.com may contain links to other third party sites. We take steps to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect privacy. Nonetheless we are not responsible for the privacy standards and practices of third parties. We vigorously maintain the security of online visitor information. We are committed to preventing unauthorized access to visitor information. We may update this policy from time to time. Revisions will be posted to this Privacy Statement periodically at KnowYourCustomers.com when it is deemed necessary.
We do not collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without permission of the child’s parent or legal guardian. Children under the age of 13 should submit personally identifiable information to us only with the explicit permission of their parent or legal guardian. Where appropriate, we will instruct children not to submit personal information. If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such information be removed, you may do so by contacting Elite Information Services, LLC., 526 South Main Street Suite 409, Akron, Ohio 44311 or you can call 877-668-9190 and reasonable efforts will be used to comply with your request.
This policy covers the following topics:
- Information Collection and Use
- To Whom We May Disclose The Information We Collect
- Your Choice and Control Over Your Information
- Efforts We Make To Safeguard Your Personal Information
Special note for parents: As stated in the Introduction to this Privacy Statement, Elite, KnowYourCustomers.com and any related sub domain web sites are general audience sites. These websites are specifically NOT designed to attract children. Furthermore, these websites are specifically NOT intended to be used by children younger than 13. We do not collect personal information from any person we know to be younger than 13.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Statement, please contact Elite Information Services, LLC., 526 South Main Street Suite 409, Akron, Ohio or you can call 877-668-9190.
- INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
There are aspects of our site that can be accessed as a visitor. However, if you seek to access the primary functionality including all products and services provided through KnowYourCustomers.com you first must register.
- Information We Collect From You
- Registration:We receive information from you when you register to receive a product or service that we deliver through KnowYourCustomers.com. We also receive information from you when you register in order to participate in online events or to receive special offers.
- Purchasing a Product or Using a Web-based Service We Provide:We collect information about you when you use any Web-based service offered through KnowYourCustomers.com or its sub-domains. This collected information may include your name, address, telephone number, information about your company (if applicable) and credit card information. This collection of information occurs most often when you are purchasing products or information from KnowYourCustomers.com. We may collect your Social Security Number and other personally identifiable information in order to ensure that you establish a unique account with us, to help safeguard access to your unique account, and to allow you to securely reset your password when necessary.
- Log information:When you visit KnowYourCustomers.com or its sub-domains, KnowYourCustomers.com’s servers automatically collect log information. This information may include the webpage from which you came to our site, your webpage request, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, your registration data, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. When you purchase a Product or use a Web-based service on KnowYourCustomers.com, we may also log the specific path, actions, and navigation choices you make.
- Contacting Elite Information Services LLC:Elite will receive information from you online when you send e-mail, complete applications, register to use services on KnowYourCustomers.com or complete other forms. Elite will collect this information.
- Cookies:Elite uses session cookies on the pages that may contain information about you and your activity on our site. These cookies are deleted when you close your browser. Elite also uses persistent cookies that helps it tailor your experience on repeat visits, such as remembering your login identifier or the number of times you may see an information banner. Elite’s optimization and marketing partners, if applicable at any given time, may also place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser, sometimes called a “third-party cookie.” Your computer and your web browser can be configured to reject these cookies.
- Web beacons:Elite and any website optimization or marketing partner, as may be the case from time to time, will use web beacons, sometimes referred to single-pixel GIFs that momentarily direct your browser to a server other than a server associated with KnowYourCustomers.com or it’s sub-domains in a manner that may not be readily apparent. Web beacons are used to count users who visited specific pages and sub-domains in order to determine which emails were opened and/or acted upon when we send HTML-formatted email messages. We may link your identifying information to web beacons.
- Information We Collect From Others. Elite may also collect information about you from third parties that operate or contribute to portions of KnowYourCustomers.com on Elite’s behalf. This information may be contributed by your employer, a potential creditor, a potential landlord or other party that is entertaining a business transaction with you. When Elite associates information obtained from these third parties with personal information that Elite has collected under this policy, Elite will treat the acquired information like the information that Elite collected. Elite will not share information obtained from third parties in personally identifiable form except as necessary to facilitate the function and purpose of KnowYourCustomers.com and its sub-domains. For example, Elite may disclose your personally identifiable information to a verifier as part of our verification service. Elite may also share aggregated, non-personal information as described in this policy, including information obtained from third parties, in a form that will not allow you to be identified.